Tuesday, February 5, 2013

10 Tidbits of Inspiration

As a senior getting ready to write a thesis paper, I need some inspiration before taking my research to that next laborious step. While perusing the Internet recently, I found a few things that are nice reminders about the writing process.

Even though I write pretty well, I still (occasionally) find myself waking up in the middle of the night from being hunted by the Writing Monster (It may actually live under my bed, since there are snacks and amenities down there. Dorm life =/).

These quotes are great for academic and creative writers alike, and who knows --it may give you the same boost as it is giving me.


1. GET STARTED/ FIND INSPIRATION



2. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS
 
I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.                            
Steven Wright


3. …BUT DO NOT PROCRASTINATE



4. KEEP CALM, BECAUSE:


5. DON’T FORGET TRANSITIONS AND FACTS!



6. READ OFTEN:

There is creative reading as well as creative writing.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

7. BE A GOOD LISTENER:



8. WRITE WITH YOUR BUDS:




9. TAKE BREAKS AND HAVE A GOOD LAUGH, LIKE:




10. ONCE YOU GET INTO IT, DON’T LET IT ESCAPE YOU:
 


AND REMEMBER:






No comments:

Post a Comment